I’m a bit late to this but the new Olympus 4/3rds camera sounds very tempting. I’ve cut and pasted the press release below (sorry, more lazy journalism):
London, 5 November 2009 – Welcome back to the PEN story and the next chapter: "Back in Black".
Hot on the heels of the Olympus EP-1, which was widely acclaimed as a ground-breaking photo enrichment device, Olympus are proud to introduce the Olympus EP-2.
Building on the strengths of the EP-1, the new EP-2 offers a host of new iconic features. The inclusion of a "model village" art filter fully realises the unique photographic and video potential of the legacy Pen series. In addition, the cross-processing, fisheye microphone socket will allow tomorrow's users unlimited leverage into a vast arena of gaping emptiness.
This second digital model takes f-utility even further with diverse, fresh functionalities including:
– Wi-Fi transmission teasmaid port.
– In-camera selective desaturation (red bow and black-and-white puppy mode).
– Remote probability fun control (via HDD-XRT).
– Elephant stun gun.
– Scratch 'n' sniff padlet for mood enhancement (smells include crystalised lemongrass and essence of David Bailey's old camera bag).
– Two new art filters – the model village filter, and the Vettriano filter, which can transform even the most ordinary photo into a fourth-rate watercolour heritage art piece that celebrity chef Gary Rhodes will take off your hands for a couple of grand.
The new model is cloaked in classic retro hyper-babble and is available from larger John Lewis stores.
Sounds great! Hopefully Olympus will send me a review copy.