Saturday, August 6

Photos from my Brighton Street Photography Walk/Workshop on 14 May

UPDATE: If you are interested in a similar walk/workshop in Bath Spa on Saturday 1 October 2016 (and maybe the Saturday before), please drop me a line!

And here's a sampling of photos from participants on the street photography walk/workshop I held in Brighton earlier this year.

Angelo Gifford (I don't think anyone else encountered this character, which is odd as we didn't stray too far from each other)

Adrian Turner, who has a blog at www.onceperday.co.uk and was kind enough to give me a copy of his book Commonplace

Sam Gozna

Martin Smith

Angelo Gifford

Adrian Turner

Martin Smith

Angelo Gifford

Adrian Turner (I think everyone took a photo of her)

Adrian Turner

Postscript
I carried out the day as a sort of experiment, as I've been asked to do a few workshops in the past by organisations and conferences. (I've said "no", partly because once the organisers have taken their 50%, it seems like quite a costly day for participants.) In particular, I concentrated on some techniques I use for kickstarting inspiration and overcoming "photographers block".

I thought it went quite well, although I could immediately see how a future session could be improved by having more clearly specified goals. Also, due to circumstances beyond my control, I was severely sleep deprived on a day when I really needed my wits about me... But the other two uncontrollable variables - travel and weather - were on our side, so I can't really complain.

I would be interested in doing this again - but somewhere closer to my home in Weymouth, especially as the daytrip commute of 8 hours to Brighton (on a good day) is not feasible in the current climate of Southern Trains chaos.

No comments: