Monday, June 2

May round-up


May. Funny old month. What did I get up to?

I popped into the Photographers Lounge in Swanage, which has an interest in street photography demonstrated by the Magnum and Cartier-Bresson books dotted around, and droned on about all my favourite current photographers.

I visited Brownsea Island, which was fabulous, but yielded few photos. Maybe when there are more visitors...

There was also an hour or so shooting at a dog show followed by some cheesy chips from West Bay Burger, probably the most consistent purveyor of quality French fry style chips that I have encountered. The West Bay fast food hut is topped with a copy of a Toulouse Lautrec painting executed by the French owner's son. It's an all-round class joint with free access to a wide range of splurgy sauces – no stupid sachets here.

I visited Bournemouth at least once, and realised I was pretty flipping bored of Bournemouth. That's it. Roll on June.

Oh, and after the "moderate" success of my March madness photographic print sale, I'll be offering a couple of prints throughout June at very reasonable prices. Details shortly.

No comments: